Our Price: $54.99
Shop By Material
Quick Tips for Cutting Boards
1. Ideal for preparing food, a cutting board or butcher block is an essential kitchen item used to place meat, fruit, poultry, herbs, and vegetables on for cutting and chopping. They're usually made of durable hardwood or a nonporous material like acrylic and plastic.
2. Wood cutting boards with end-grain construction consist of wood laid together side by side to create a smooth surface with a cross-hatched appearance. End grain construction is designed to cushion knives, reducing wear and tear on the blade as well as minimizing cuts and scratches on the board.
3. Quality construction and durable materials make Boos cutting boards a favorite among many professional chefs and home cooks. The Boos Chop-N-Slice Butcher Block with Groove is made of quality hard maple. It features a groove around the perimeter to catch juices, and it reverses to a smooth cutting surface without a groove.
4. A bamboo cutting board is made with thick, laminated strips of solid bamboo, which is hard, strong, and naturally water-resistant. Bamboo is also much lighter than traditional types of tree woods.
5. Some double-sided, reversible wood cutting boards have a meat holding-wedge area that runs around the edges of the board, while the reverse side has a deep, wide moat that's ideal for catching juices.
6. Many butcher block cutting boards feature cut-out finger slots on each end for easier handling and carrying. They can also be used as a serving tray for cheese, fruit, and appetizers.
7. To extend the life of your wooden cutting boards, they should be oiled periodically on all surfaces with a natural mineral oil at least once a month to protect the wood.
8. A chopping block that has feet with non-slip rubber pads on the underside provides you with a safe, sturdy work surface that won't slide across your counter.
9. To reduce the risk of cross-contamination in your kitchen, use a set of color-coded plastic cutting boards, so you can prep vegetables, raw meat, and cooked foods safely and separately.
10. Our Epicurean Gourmet Series Cutting Board is made of nonporous, eco-friendly wood fiber composite. The compressed-layer surface helps keep knives sharp, and it's heat resistant up to 350 degrees F so it can double as a trivet.